TITLES...

I've always thought titles are heavy
Sometimes I feel I could give mine away in a jiffy
You know close my eyes and be free
From responsibilities, expectations, just be me
Then the voice comes, who would you be?
With no burden, there's no direction, you'd soon be down on your knees
Defeated by a world
That constantly questions what your worth
A world that will never take your word for it
It'd much rather take all your views of self and do with it as it sees fit
Either add fuel to the fire of your self deceit
Or totally quench the flame of everything you perceived as strength
Titles speak to honour but they also speak to pressure
They say to this grp of people your important so you can't live life like only ur opinions matter
They're not an excuse to be high-handed
Rather a calling to be community minded
So I guess we're back to peering at Esther
As she journeys through the palace of Shushan
Wife to the king, the newly selected queen
Niece to Mordecai, the bars were set real high
All that preparation better have been good for something
Else that would have been wasted resources, she a good for nothing
Who knows if you were anointed for such a time as this
Such a commonplace ignorance, we need a cure to this disease
A consciousness of the places we are called too
How we're not ordinary, to us people look up to
I believe that would change us cause our titles they make us
Daughter or wife of a Mr
Friend to a Brother or Sister
Maybe leader of a nation
A change agent in this generation
So now you know, you've got a position to protect
Especially with all this prophecies that have gone ahead
Its a position, you've got to cover
Even risk taking a hit like queen Esther
That's the higher life, living life like your Father's
Choosing to perish so your people you can deliver
Then for the world you'd have an answer
Yes I'm not perfect but I and the one's God's given me are meant for signs and wonders!

Comments

Popular Posts