Undeniable...



I used to cower from being alone with people. Important people, elderly people, wise people well generally different people. 
I was always worried about what I would say. One could ask me a question and I'd almost always stutter a defeated 'I can write it better than I can say it'.
But that was before I began to meet people. To see the looks on their faces and watch their expressions. At first I'd have nothing to say so I learnt to listen. I soaked in knowledge, views and opinions and skillfully sifted out information that was unhealthy for my growing mind. 
When the tables were turned and I had the floor, I'd instinctively scatter the paper notes all over my mind just to ask questions. I'd ask the first thing that comes to my mind and sometimes it seemed wrong but sometimes it seemed very right as well. 
These questions brought answers, and answers were all I sought. I could use the answers to make conversation and from these conversations I could form stories... Not just any stories, the stories of the different people. I learnt to organise my mental notes in neat piles and flip through them, adequately engaging the person in articulated word combat and artistry. 
So do I still cower from meeting people? Yes. But why? You may ask. Well because these people are different people. Every conversation is a new story, unique, never told. No two stories are alike. No two stories are the same or carry similar emotion, depth or being. So each and every single time, my palms will be sweaty, my heart will race and my lips will quiver, But I will tell a good story. 
Why?
Because I can.  


Comments

Unknown said…
Great one. Applaudise to the writer.
You crafted this like u live in my heart.
Anonymous said…
So relateable...

Popular Posts