A DAYS TALE: Oga Driver!... I no be Mechanic.

I flag down a taxi for a friend and I, we are in a hurry so I negotiate the price, the man agrees and we both get in.

I sit in front, its reflex, whatever,
Taking a drop doesn't mean the front seat should be empty.

The driver looks at me with a rippled forehead and obvious shock, worry, repulsion, anger (I don't know exactly what he is feeling, I'm too tired to tell), anyway the undefined feeling is  plastered on his face. I observe him through the corner of my eye as I fasten my seatbelt.

"Why woman go sit down for front, leave man to sit down for back?"

I look at him and smile, he smiles back.

I adjust in my seat and remind him we are going to Life camp and we are running late.

"If na me, I no go gree". he adds as he struggles to kick the car.

I open the sun shade/ mirror flap thingy in front of me and begin to fix my make up unperturbed. 

This is so much better than trying to fix a broken ego.

I no be mechanic.

Comments

Popular Posts