Beautiful Heart


"It does not have to be bad, to not be good for you."
- Nnem

OBIOMA.

Ask Obioma,
She will tell you.
That I do not boast of doors I slammed when I walked away.

It is in my nature to linger,
To trust
Stay a little longer.

My mother taught me,
"Nwam you cannot judge in another, what lives inside you".
It is why I look into your eyes and call your name when I ask "how are you?"

***

Ask Obioma,
She will tell you
That I am not proud of doors I left open and never returned to.

I sit at your feet and listen to your broken stories as they steal light from my eyes,
I am still panting from running to you when you called me.

I never want you to feel the gap between us, it is why I sit so close to your nose.
So when I get up and leave I will not close the door...

I will not come back either.

#ForTheheartKnowswhatTheHeartKnows

Comments

Popular Posts