Things will get better


These are hopes we whisper into winds beyond us, prayers made on bent knees 
as we go through each day backs burnt from exertions from mid day till dusk.

These are things we say with so much resolve, where tight chests swear they felt this living word form ''ë go better".

What did we really mean when we swore we will not remain here for long. How do we intend to escape from the heaviness on the inside of us by heaping pretty things that will turn to dust. 

Tell me, where did we go wrong with this plea, this dream for more beyond the reef of fire in our eyes and blood on our tongues. *sigh* "ah taya.''. this life can be a cycle going round and round, sometimes I just feel like jumping off, to throw up. What about you? for me its just like sometimes let me come down, To drag in empty belly as I breathe new air. These days are exhausting. I want to wake up to new ones, ones I have never seen before because these days are all the same.

I am always hopeful. Today let me mourn. What is the guarantee that i will be free from this heaviness if i blow? You know if i make money now and every complain i answer it with alerts to go, you know. Then what?

If we blow will the nagging stop? or will the wahala add on top?
This thing is more than what we think sha.
Abeg make i go sleep. 

Abi what do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts