I REMEMBER

This is a piece about you.
At least everything I can remember of you.
And I swear to tell the truth.
At least what's left of it.
I remember the first time I heard your name...
It was a pleasant day, place and time but not a pleasant conversation.
All I recall are lips chattering on and on of how much of a Casanova you were.... All lips in my mind, no faces so don't ask...
I laughed at some stories, others I wove off, believe me when I say I'm not a fan of teenage gossip or rather fallacious assumptions.
Everyone to me is a suspect, never sentenced until proven guilty. Although I swore in my heart, not too seriously tho, that I would not have anything major to do with you. And everything went according to plan until I met you.
Well I saw you but had nothing to do with you until I got your phone call.
 We talked, it was great we had so much in common, I found that kinda cool and then I told you what lips had said about you. You plead not guilty and I obliged. Intentions were made known, promises were made, you came around and we made out, to me it was something, but trust me in reality it was all youthful playfulness.  Soon after, you walked away and you never looked back to see the lips that would say to me "I told you so", Nahh you never even looked back to see the damage you had done to my heart.
My believe in you and not the Lips, kept me in a state of regret and mishap. But not for long , after all I saw it coming...or did I? (I don't know) but that dose not matter now because two years have passed, or u can call it three because I really don't think that 2013 holds much for us.
We talk now and you've made it clear that you were a boy two years ago but now you're a man. But then I was also a girl two years ago and now I am a woman.
I would question this man I see two years later because every woman knows that if he walked away before, he can walk away again.
Two years don't change a man. Only God can.

Comments

Freshikye said…
Deep. Sounds personal

Popular Posts