IF I DONT PUT DOWN MY THOUGHTS, I JUST MIGHT GO INSANE. :A Review

ODUFA BY OTHUKE OMINIABOHS

One terrible thing about having a first person narrative in a good book is that the story is born, lives and dies with only one character. 

So where there is a plethora of characters with different parts to the same story, only one of them takes the lead. This character is myopic when it comes to a full understanding of the other characters. He/she is only human and therefore cannot read minds. 

In Odufa, I was lunged into a world of assertions, assumptions and hopes of one man, Anthony Mucoro.

I cannot bring myself to open that book again, at least not in a little while. The Love story has haunted me since I read the 391st page with a thumping heart, puffy eyes and a thousand and one questions in my mind. 

-  ODUFA STILL REMAINS A MYSTERY.

Till the book closed I wondered, what was her past like? 

What made her love so ravenously? 

Is there really not more to this captivating character?

- I wish Othuke will write a Sequel and call it TONY, so that I can hear Odufa's side of their story that tears at my heart this way. I want to know what she was thinking when she said every word and carried out every action. I want to know if it was all worth it. 

Its true I cringed at the seeming immaturity of their Love. I could not reconcile the feverish romance with the  deep set, blinding hatred in between, but non the less I had hope in them. Call me crazy but that's what Love does. It hopes helplessly. 

Efezino, I pray you see Love. 

Comments

Popular Posts